Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Random 2012 Adelaidian Bits

 In reviewing photos from last year, I noticed I never posted anything about the Adelaide Show. We spent one evening at the show this year, and did the "yellow brick road" show bag. That translated into us carrying lots of SA produce back home on our bikes. I think my favorite part of the show were the skilled items inside. BONSAI!


The show was back in September of 2012, and this tasty ginger-bread house really reminded me of home, especially my Bro.

 We closed the show by watching the motor cross bicycle tricksters. In this shot, there are 3 bikes in the air as blurs flipping upside down. It was the finale.
 
 We also managed to go see the "big gum tree" that is infamous in Glenelg (the suburb to our west). This tree was originally bent, but is now dead. They have pinned it in place & put the cover over it to help protect it. Under this tree, South Australia was first proclaimed as a colony in 1836 by members of SA's first fleet. I'm glad it continues to be acknowledged.

No comments:

Post a Comment