Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cousin Jack & Cinci's Finest Part 5

Our Society for Industrial Archaeology conference included a trip to a car repair company. I know close to nothing about autos, so these shots are more artistic than they are documentary.


Although I have visited Cincinnati for a few trips, I never really spent much time there. This trip at least allowed me to explore a city that I've seen/been to but never really got to know.

We even headed out of the downtown primary section to check out a former rail/bus station that has been revamped. The architecture of this rail station was absolutely amazing, clean and simple but spacious.

Inside there were colorful murals that flanked near the rounded ceiling telling of Cincinnati's past settlers, immigrants, workers, and present population. It really is a work of art in itself. Anyone who goes to Cincinnati should make sure and make a stop here. There are a few museum's inside and I believe Amtrak still uses the station.

Finally we ended our trip with a quick beer with my cousin Jack who lives there. Jack has been in Cinci for over 5 years, went to school there and really likes the town. He's a bit of an artist and was explaining to us a little about their art scene. I'm standing next to Jack outside of his apartment building (the tallest one). That too was pretty wicked cool. An old building with a narrow passage between it and next door. There are 2 apartments on each floor. Jack's view is quite good, although he has to contend with lots of stairs. I don't think I would own a couch if I were him!

No comments:

Post a Comment