Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Friday, August 3, 2012

Games in OH & Under water in SA


We spent a bit of time just around the house and hanging with the fam. We even managed to get in a game of lawn bowls. My parent's yard is huge and easily accomodated anything my brother or I ever wanted to play. Now Dziadziu gets to cut it all!

Babci & Dziadziu watched and cheered us on. I think they really wanted me to win, although I don't remember who did win the game. Some of the shots were around trees and up dirt piles, making it quite tricky.

One of the first things that we did was have a bowling party. It was really fun, and pretty low impact, so most folks could bowl a game or two. Who wouldn't want to wear those wicked cool bowlin shoes?




Of course no party would be complete without lots & lots of food. We had bowling alley food, as well as food that my Ma prepared especially. The mini-eclairs were particularly a favorite!




When C & I got back to South Australia, he spent some time doing a bit of diving training. They went out on this jetty & then had to try & beat the tide to get over another wall. Its winter here right now, and from what Cam described, it was FREEZING! He thought his face was going to fall off.

The training included getting used to and practicing having to take your full-face mask off and then replacing it under water. Mind you, this was all in the freezing conditions, but at least from the thumbs up, I think it went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment