Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Back in the USA! Part 1

Cam & I were back in the states for about 2.5 weeks at the end of May/early June. Our trip to the US included a family stop in CA to see my cousins. We were only there for 10 hrs, but I feel like we did lots! Cam swam & went in the hot tub, we ate Mexican (real-to-goodness Mexican), and we watched a bit of ball.


Here is the whole gang minus my first cousins (all of these kids' parents) who took the photo. I recon we must be related, check out all the similar smiles. THANKS for the fun fam!

Cam & I were in Ohio for a bit and then went to MD to see Cam's Aunt, Gpa (grandfather) and cousins. We did a fantastic walk to Swallow Falls. Cam, Gpa, & I went on a day trip to Cumberland, MD too while others in the family went to a bluegrass festival. We all stayed at the lake house.

Here's Cam & his Nan close to those falls, but not quite to the point of fall'n in. It was great to catch up with Nan and spend some time with her & Ken.

We also got to hang out with Cam's cousins who had this fantastic log cabin. It smelled really fresh & was warm on the inside (I suppose it was May). Cam's uncle & cousin helped to build it. Their property stretches downhill to a stream that pretty much is bigger than most of Australia's rivers. So amazing, there even was a turkey hanging out in front of their house!

No comments:

Post a Comment