Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sydney Sider - Sort Of

So, its been a while since my last post, but that's because I'm in Sydney for a bit of work (over a few weeks). Its some cash & extremely exhausting, but I'm surviving and learning a bit about Aboriginal archaeology. I thought I'd post some photos of my adventures for one & all.

We are wet sieving our dirt at the dig, which includes spraying water through what was excavated and picking out the little bits of stone, artifacts, pottery, etc. Here's a shot of me trying to stay dry during this process. To date, we haven't found much, but we have learned a bunch about the geography and landscape.

This shot is of our whole site, at least where we are excavating. The staircase in the back goes up to a lunch room and the sieve is off the photo to the left, kind of behind the photographer. Each AM I wake up at 5:30 to be on site by 8. We work till 4 & I normally get home just after 5:30. Its exhausting, but will be good on the resume.

While here in Sydney, I met up with Tim (Cam's pall from school) and we checked out some of the building statues around the city. This one was complete with an owl!

Yalda (Toby, Cam's twin) had a baby shower & we had a fun time. Here we were playing the fun game of guess how big Yalda's tummy is. That was 1 of 4 games and although Yalda was very good at guessing the number of nappies (diapers) and almost won the left-right game, she had lots of presents.
Seated (right to left) are Yalda on far right, Natassia (host), Shokufeh (neighbor & friend), Michelle (Cam's cousin), MaryEd (Cam's Mom), and Sara (also pregnant). We had a great weekend and I'm having a fun time in Sydney.

No comments:

Post a Comment