Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Monday, October 4, 2010

Boats, Rings, & Kites in Sydney

My time in Sydney just shot by, but I had a blast. Early mornings sharing the sunrise with both MaryEd & Tony and then a ferry boat ride to a train before transferring to another train was well worth the effort. Its hard to see, but Tony is in the above shot, right in front of the boat's name.
Before leaving Sydney, I found a beautiful opal from Lightening Ridge and after conference with the purchaser (Cam) I went and bought it with Tony. Its almost 1 C, which is quite large for an opal. I absolutely love wearing it.

Cam & I never made it to Bondi Beach, the famous beach in Oz. I heard about a KITE festival at the beach & thought that sounded like fun. So, Yalda, Toby, Lachlan, & I all headed out there for an awesome day. We flew kites, I sang "Let's go fly a kite!", we ate awesome food, and we had a blast. I got a kite that was a red octopus, but it looked more like one of the Pac-Man ghosts with really long strings.

There were hundreds of kites, and quite a good wind (as you can see above). Toby was quite skilled at untangling the string especially once we got home.

I think everyone had a really good time, and thanks to Lachlan who snapped a bunch of wonderful photos.

Let's, go fly a kite.
Up to the highest height.
Lets go fly a kite & send it soaring.

Up to the atmosphere,
Up where the air is clear!
Let's all go, fly a kite.

No comments:

Post a Comment