Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Monday, August 16, 2010

Paintings...by us!

So I think I've told some of the folks out there that Cam & I were searching to put some things on our white walls. I was at the dollar store & did some quick mathematical calculations to realize that if we created our own wall art, we would spend way less than if we found/printed/framed stuff. With a carpet as my inspiration, I sketched out 4 designs & started on the following painting. (So this first one was done by me.) Each painting was to have one of the 5 colors as dominant. This one was brown:


Then Cam was bored as I was sketching, so he sketched & then painted another one of the designs. His dominant color turned out to be orange:


We finished the above in about a couple of weeks. Then I got a bit burnt out with the third one, but I was able to finish it with Cam's help. Thus this last one was a team effort and dominated by the color blue:

Hope you like the wall art!

2 comments:

  1. I want one! How much do you charge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, sorry honey, these cost so much time that they are priceless...

    ReplyDelete