Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Sunday, November 27, 2011

September Flashback: Glenside Hospital

Cam & I went to Glenside Hospital, which has recently gone over to Arts SA and become this movie studio. It was unusual, but the culture of the hospital still peeped through, when allowed. Here are a few pics from our afternoon.



Glenside has an amazing array of buildings, most of which date from the nineteenth century. The stonework was really remarkable keeping inmates cool in the summer months.




The views from the windows must have been frustrating. You couldn't open more than one small window, only letting in a little fresh air.








The film studio had lots of rooms that had very special purposes. This one was for hair and makeup and I thought I'd take a moment to pretty myself up.






The best part of our visit were the cut-outs. I'm not sure if you've noticed my attraction to them, but, I really love cut outs. Aren't my legs skinny?

No comments:

Post a Comment