Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Sunday, September 11, 2011

THE Royal Adelaide Show: 2 of one more

I think it rather a presumption to call it "The Show" but I guess it is the largest thing that happens here in Adelaide. This banner says it all, and shows you how it ends each evening. There is a fireworks show that rival's Amherst, OH (he he he).


Cam & I went without a plan, just showed up to the showgrounds and wandered about. We ate when we felt like it, pet a pig here or learned about grains there. When we were a bit tired of walking around so much (we got there around 11 & left about 8 pm) we sat down. We happened to see some folks sitting near all the dogs, so we sat. Turned out, we got to watch a women from England choose the 2011 BEST OF SHOW DOG. I kept thinking about the movie, Best of Show. The black mop-like dog on the left was the winner!


No show-experience would be the same without some sheep herding trials. But with a rainbow?!? That is out of this world. Too bad this particular dog had a hard time getting his sheep to go where they were supposed to go.

I think one of my favorite parts of the show was the cake decorating winners. Check out this cake, complete with a handle. It was good enough to eat, but it probably wouldn't taste very good, sugar frosting crunching between my teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment