Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Rainy Sydney Days

Check out this HUGE cruise ship exiting the harbor. I kept watching to see if it would hit the top of the bridge, but we had to get off the ferry.

So its been raining here since I can remember. Days, even over a week, like the snow in MI. The first day I thought "hmmm, I love sleeping with rain pitter pattering on the rooftop" but now its just gotten ridiculous.

It didn't stop Cam & I from heading to the botanical gardens & the Governer's house. We then had lunch at the art museum with Tony & MaryEd (Cam's parents). This first image is of the Chinese garden & is an inflatable lotus flower in a pond that deflates every couple of minutes.


This last photo is of the Governor's house, which is still used. Cam & I have tried to tour it 4x, with this last one being the coup. Its closed during the week for government use, but open to tourists on the weekend. Lots of portraits hang inside, but my favorite part was the dancing/ball room where state medals of honor have been handed out for decades, complete with its musician's balcony (sorry, no pictures were allowed inside).

No comments:

Post a Comment