Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sydney & the Family

Cam & I headed to Sydney to check out all the new additions to his family. It was a great weekend and lots to eat. I went with MaryEd to get her haircut, the guys hung around the house, and we went on a super long walk at the north head (the entry to Sydney Harbor). On this trip too, Cam went to see The Wall in concert with Steve. There were lots of kids and less sleep than is our usual, but a great weekend overall.

The newest addition to the family was Aidan, son of Ted & Song. He was not very fussy at all, although he smelled like milk, all the time.


Here are Tony & MaryEd with all 6 of their grandchildren. They range in age from 12 to 3 months. How adorable are all of them?

Toby & Yalda traveled with their little Andia all the way from Chicago. She did well on the plane, and really liked spending time with her cousins. I even think I was able to convince her that the Superbowl was quite a fun game... She sat with me for the whole first quarter! Toby was convinced that was just because it was TV, but I think she enjoyed hearing all about it. Lets face it, this year's game was pretty exciting too.

The Bowral clan was also there in flying colors. We had a bit of a windy day, but that just made the Chinese lanterns and red or pink balloons take off.

Both Michelle and Nick are Godparents to the Shanghai crew. Here's a photo of Michelle, who spoke about the Chinese astrology. Sydney (in the front) was keen to inform me that the city was named after her. I tried to explain who came first, but I wasn't convincing.

All of the grandkids and their parents joined together to hold onto a red ribbon, symbolizing the blood line that runs through them all. I think the symbolism may have been missed by the little ones, but the photos will help tell the story when they are a bit older. Cousins unite!

No comments:

Post a Comment