Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas 2011 (mostly in New South Wales)

Before Cam & I left for Christmas, I went to my office party. I was trying to think of home, but was much too hot in my outfit of the warm scarf my brother gave me for Christmas a few years back. I played my first ever lawn-bowls game. It was more difficult than it looks, but I held my own. I think we bent the rules a bit, but the winning team you see below came out on top.


We gave very small gifts to the Harnell kids who live in Bowral, NSW. We bought a card game called "skip-bo" by the makers of Uno, but I found it kinda hard. I think it would be better with more players.


The best part about new games is playing with them! Here is Amelia with Olive the Octopus very good at being a "hot potato."





Christmas dinner was shrimp (prawns here is the land down under), oysters (that I don't particularly like and don't eat), deviled eggs (ewww) and more prawns! Those were yummy & non-meat just like home.





I was lucky enough to capture Marg's expression upon receiving her gift from her two kids: Scott & Michelle. Its a Michelle original, but just check out her face! S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E!

Cam & I were pretty good this year because we got some sweet presents. We opened more presents at home (seemed silly to fly them across the country just to fly them back). The scarf & necklace are from Cam's parents, as is Cam's "Obamao" t-shirt making Obama look like Mao.

No comments:

Post a Comment