Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Just 4 Sydney-side Hartnells

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Holidays!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Cam & I have done our 4th installment of Christmas Cards, and this one is tricky...Half of it is Cam & the other half is me. MANY people have guessed incorrectly, can you tell who is who? I'll post the answer in the New Year.

We are headed to Sydney for the holidays and I will have some more photos then. Lots has happened since the last post, you can imagine. We've been to Sydney 2X: to say Happy Naming day to Andia (our Goddaughter) and a conference in Batemans Bay (S of Sydney 5 hrs).
Here is a shot of Andia, daughter to Cam's twin Toby & Yalda that Cam took. They've moved to Chicago & are braving the winter madness!


We also went on a few hikes/adventures, saw a rodeo, worked, mailed out Christmas cards, and Cam traveled to central Australia to do some archaeology. The rodeo was very similar to seeing a county fair in Houghton, you get to see folks that you would never run into on a regular basis, including clowns. The skill to ride these animals & catch them is pretty great & the greasy food hit just the right spot on the damp evening.


Cam also got to go to the U2 concert with Steve in Sydney (I didn't know about the concert & had booked my flight home & thus was unable to see one of my favorite bands, grrrr). I am still so jealous, but at least I got to see Chicago all those times at Blossom.


Before signing off to bed, C & I have been working on photos in the dark. Our recent shot is taken in between beer & a movie on a Dec Friday night. We saw "The King's Speech" which I would highly recommend, probably on video. We took this shot trying to time the lighting just right for the long exposure. If you close your eyes, you can hear the crickets too. Have a great night & end to your 2010!

1 comment:

  1. For some reason I found myself reading this today and love your comment about Chicago at Blossom! Good times! Great memories!

    ReplyDelete